Microblading - Semi Permanent Eyebrows
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a manual skill of semi-permanent eyebrow drawing which creates extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows.
How long does Microblading last?
Depending on your skin type and care, the pigment will fade slowly over 12 months.
Is Microblading painful?
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. However, there is an anaesthetic applied during the treatment to keep this to a minimum to where it is completely tolerable.
How does it work?
The pigment is applied with a specific Phibrows tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. I will choose needles and the blade type according to the technique and the skin type. The pigment is bladed just below the epidermis and the most shallow part of the dermis, making extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. A very natural result is achieved, as the hairs are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up is included 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment.
How long does the service last?
Should take about two hours.
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders(doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 1 month)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
• Shower and wash your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
What to expect during my service?
1. First, I will need to do a patch test on the skin at least 24 hours before the procedure.
2. Before this patch test begins, I will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment. This appointment may take around 30 min. You will need to fill in a consent form.
3. On the day of the microblading treatment, I will start with drawing on the eyebrow shape according to the PhiBrows golden ratio measuring tool. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
4. Next, I will choose the perfect PhiBrows colour.
5. Anaesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort, then initial strokes are placed.
6. Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
7. After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
8. Once that's finished, I will clean the area thoroughly.
9. After the service, I will apply an after care cream and will provide you with all the aftercare information. You will receive a little after care bag, which has everything you need to know to keep your freshly microbladed eyebrows perfect.
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
• Increased sweating, practising sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area
or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning
where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture.
During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear
during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following
these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the colour pigment to fade away more quickly.
What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up,
I will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker colour.
What's the Microblading healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed colour can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The colour of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the colour pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial colour and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the colour is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Price: £300 (included top up after 4-6 weeks) - for every new client 10% off
Duration of treatment: 2-3 hours
Please note: It is client’s responsibility to contact me to book their following touch up appointments within 4-8 weeks. Touch up appointment any later than 8 weeks may accrue an additional charge. Please book your appointments well in advance.
Options for touch up: £120 (12 months after the treatment)
£180 (18 months after the treatment)
To book your free consultation, or if you would like some more information please do not hesitate to contact me.